The Logistics Operator is responsible for packing and dispatching Litho and Foil Stock to required customer specifications
Salary: £22,620.92 (including shift allowance)
Hours of work: four shift days (4 x 12 hour days, 4 x rest days)
Main tasks will include:
- Packing of Foil stock and Re-roll. When required packing of Litho and containerising of coils for export, depending on relevant training.
- Operating FLT and Shunter vehicles.
- Operating all the equipment in each packed coil area, i.e. mast crane, transfer crane, forklift truck, coil up-ender, Combi lift and work saver
- Completing all necessary documentation, i.e. packing slips, order cards record book etc.
- Unloading supplies from lorries when necessary or obtaining materials from Stores
- Obtaining and identifying samples for Technical department when requested.
- Keeping the area in a clean and tidy condition; sweeping the area at the start of each shift
- Operating the Rewind machine for sampling of coils or winding off defects
The successful candidate will need:
- The ability to operate mast crane, transfer crane, forklift truck, up-ender, work saver, Rewind machine, Combi Lift, shunter and tractor.
- The ability to use the necessary packing tools, i.e. banding tool, knife, tape measure, etc.
- The ability to work with the minimum of supervision after initial instruction.
- The flexibility to work in all production areas, as required, within Bridgnorth Aluminium subject to individuals skills and training
- The ability to use the computer system for making up loads for dispatch to the warehouse.
- To be able to liaise with Technical, Planning, Export and UK Dispatch departments to ensure a high standard of customer service
Please send all applications via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or via post to
FAO Alice Lacey-HR Department
Bridgnorth Aluminium Ltd